For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. I personally format my check-ins as an after action review, then the setting of intentions/minigoals for the next check-in.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW
1) I ended up writing the ending to this flash piece about four times and I'm still not sure it's quite right. But it was finished and handed in on time. I'll see what responses their are, then see about the ending again.
I didn't finish the second short paper. There was a top priority critique needed for the anthology, so that took priority. I'll be sure to do it this weekend. I called into one class. The other was canceled due to weather. Did the other homework that has come up. Overall a success, though cutting it close on the deadlines.
2) I realized that I set the bar too high for this and it was making me drag my feet. Some of the point of making minigoals is to feel like I'm in control and can get them done in the time that I have. This wasn't the case, so I've limited this to sending out 5 emails per day and a number of critiques per checkin instead of one per day.
3) I ended up doing some of this. Looked at the book once and watched on Dogen video. This will get more focus once big goal four is completed next week.
4) Completed lesson 7a for both classes. Surprisingly both said that they would have an additional lesson this week to finish out their topics, then a summary lesson this Friday. The extra work is what I was focusing on during lunch instead of learning Japanese, and it has been worth it, just a little skewed from my original intentions.
1) Mon and Tue I ended up sleeping in a bit. I did get breakfast though, as I had gotten myself croissants from a local bakery. This morning was perfect. I got up with my first alarm. Started the water for tea. Went out and shoveled. Got back in, warmed myself with tea, made breakfast, and left early so that I had the time to deal with the snow. This is why I set this goal! It worked and I've been feeling good all day!
2) Sun and Mon I was so tired I skipped reading and feel straight asleep. Tues I took a hot shower right on time and read for only 15minutes, meaning I fell asleep by 10. (I think that's some of the reason this morning went so well.) It was lovely, and honestly helped by the fact that I choose a kinda challenging book to read next. Quest of the Three Worlds.
3) Finished writing two pages for the next meditation and listened to the current ones twice.
4) Kept up with eBay there have been a couple more sales. Nothing too interesting. I also looked into etsy. It looks like it's 20cents to list an item and 10% in various payments per item sold. Pretty reasonable, and no monthly fee or anything so I'll probably put some of my crafts up there.
5) No change.
6) Success! Finished reading the kindle book 'Once Ghosted, Twice Shy' it was a fun read, though also with room for the author to grow. Also read a chapter of the physical book, and the eBook.
7) Read a chunk of 7 Habits. It doesn't lead itself to chapters. I've mostly going by concepts instead.
INTENTIONS AND MINIGOALS
1) Finish paper for world civ. See about writing another flash fiction piece for creative writing. Look over videos and notes for both.
2) Send 5 emails per day. Finish four critiques. BONUS for all six in group one. (If I achieve the bonus I'll have to find a way to reward myself.)
3) Look into penpal (ask friend for help). Watch movie. Watch new Dogen video. Read one lesson in book.
4) Finish out the classes. Make sure to save the lessons and my responses this weekend, as they won't be open forever.
1) Keep at it. Try not to schedule too much for the morning so that there is time to shovel and otherwise deal with weather.
2) Keep at it. I know it can work, so I just need to make it a priority.
3) Record the page of audio meditation I wrote. Listen to the other recordings twice.
4) Keep up with eBay. Make account on etsy. Check over monthly finances.
5) Keep up as needed.
6) Read another chapter of physical book and eBook.
7) Read another section of 7 Habits. I like the book a lot already, though the intro was a little too long.
Thanks for reading!
Read 50 Books