With summer here things are a bit hectic but that isn't slowing me down. I was hoping to par this down to 7 goals, but that's just not enough to cover my aspirations. So I went for 8 again, a pretty consistently important number in my life.
1) Anthology. Send out line edits, review line edits for any additionally needed edits, put together book, figure out book cover, review everything for the new Createspace, and put in an order in time for our Sep 14th release date!
2) Health improvement. This is a major lifestyle change, and it's a bigger deal because I want to do this with the SO. I've done many things before such as Crossfit etc and they work fine for me, as I have a lot of internal motivation, but the SO needs the external motivation. So this time, we're in it together!
First I'm getting the SO a step counter. Once that's in we'll both have the goal of 8k a day.
Second is to improve our food intake. I think that the easiest way to do this is through a meal plan. The SO doesn't like eating the same thing too often in a row. Thus I think having a three week meal plan that rotates should give us the variety to keep to it. There's a personal bonus of being able to preorder our groceries with saved grocery lists, so that will save us a chunk of time every week as well! (Of course now I need to see if we have enough healthy recipes to actually do this with a three week rotation.) Once this is implemented we'll work on making small improvements and trying new recipes to add to the rotation.
Third is to have at least two weight lifting, stepper, badminton, Pilates, or rowing machine sessions of 30 minutes a week per person. I might have to schedule them so we both do them at the same time to have the accountability. We'll figure it out as we build on this life style.
3) Learning Japanese. 15 minutes of studying vocab a day. Write a letter to a penpal every other day. Watch an episode of anime in Japanese with no subtitles at least once per checkin.
1) Misc stuff that needs to get done. I don't want to overload myself, so I'll work on one at a time and call them all goal 1. First is making the family calendar. After that is watching/reading borrowed things and return them. This includes GoT, Outlaw star, and TMNT. After that I'm sure something will come up, probably to do with crafts and/or up-cycling.
2) Read 10 physical books from my shelves. I've got a handful already chosen, and will choose more as those are gone through.
3) Read 3 self improvement books. One will be, 'Ask More'. The other two will be writing related.
4) Home improvement. The first goal is to get the yard squared away. I've given up on the actual outdoor improvements and would be happy to simply have everything weeded and not completely overgrown. (Keeping expectations reasonable is an important part of my happiness!) After that I might go back to cleaning the basement, or some of the house repairs that the SO and I are considering. One thing at a time, mostly I'm aiming for progress, while being flexible.
5) Outline for NaNo. I expect this to get more time later in the round. The first part is taking the many ideas I have flying around and fleshing them out enough to know which has enough meat to work on. After that will be some plot development and character development. After that I'll make a whole Aion Timeline for the novel and fill it out/do research as needed.
100 Squats per Day
Read 52 Books