Hello all! This is a bit late because I've been busy and I'm working on not overexerting myself just to finish a goal by my deadline when it's not going to negatively impact my plans. I'll make some mini goals for the break, and update once at the end of the week for the accountability.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW:
1) Wonderfully and completely done!
2) This is the goal that needed an extension. I'm done writing out the edits on paper, now I need to put this into the computer before sending it out to beta readers. My intention is to have this done by the end of the month.
3) I haven't been doing nearly as much official Japanese studying as I intended. I have been watching and playing games in Japanese with English subtitles and been trying to listen to it as much as possible. Overall I did get two months of really good studying there where I was making excellent progress, but trying to increase the daily time dedication made me start to stumble. Perhaps the jump was too great? I'll consider it over the week break and come back renewed and ready for the last 100 days of studying!
1) This was basically made obsolete after some good improvements at work. Overall it's still good to keep an eye on, but the financials are doing alright.
2) Successfully scheduled two workshops and have had a library reach out for another option. Hosted one so far and it went quite well!
3) Successfully read 10 books. I think I got slowed down/stuck by reading a longer/slower story in the middle, so I'll focus on shorter books at the start of a round and finish with the longer ones.
4) Happily read four self-improvement books. Two were great, one was good, and one was pretty bad. Overall a fine distribution. One has to wade through stuff to find the best, particularly things that work for them.
5) The family visited over the weekend and had a great time! This goal felt like it was thwarted by the vast amounts of rain that we got this year, and how it always seemed to land on the weekend. So the inside of the house was really great, probably the best that it's been in a year. The yard was an overgrown mess.
Still, the weather was great for the everyone to hang out outside all weekend and my family is wonderfully helpful. By the time everyone left most of the fire wood from three different mini piles was burned or stacked up in the one spot they're supposed to be in. The patio was weeded. Plus the gas for the grill refilled. The momentum was really great, so I tried to keep up by doing some mowing and additional weeding once everyone headed home too.
BREAK TIME MINI GOALS:
1) Finish typing edits into computer and send novel to beta readers.
2) Do not study Japanese vocab specifically, because it's break time. (But if I'm playing a game with Japanese in it then I will listen as much as possible.)
3) Keep up the outside momentum. Ideally put together one bag of weeds or one mowing session per day that it's sunny. Get rid of five things from the house on days that are rainy. Reward myself with some Harry Potter Wizards Unite!
See everyone on the flip side!
Post 52 non-ROW Blogs
Read 52 Books