For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. The list of everyone participating in this round is here.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW:
1) All emails sent for works received thus far.
2) Did not get to 8K on Tuesday, but did reach it on all other days. Did 20 minutes of weights today.
3) Did write a letter in Japanese and watched an episode of anime without subtitles. Did not do the vocab that I should be doing. There needs to be a process change here but I don't know what. Perhaps studying earlier in the day? Before breakfast?
1) Did the check of family member photos on the calendar pages. Had to do some corrections but the calendar is ready for formatting.
2) Read a couple chapters from the book.
3) Read a chapter of diyMFA. Been skipping around a bit, which is helping me keep to topics that I find interesting.
4) Flung 15 items. It was a good idea to keep this idea small and manageable, because I had even less time than I originally expected to get stuff done at home this week.
5) I've been continuing to think about story ideas, but still nothing ripe. I'm hoping to spend time filling the tanks this weekend and upcoming week.
It's a busy week that's leading into a busier weekend. Keeping everything on the low, while keeping forward momentum.
1) Put together new test copy of book cover. Respond to emails as needed.
2) 8K a day. Weights or Pilates once before the next check in. Continue with meal plan.
3) 15/min Japanese per day, studied in the morning. 1 letter. 1 anime without subtitles.
1) Format a single calendar page.
2) Read chapter of book. Continue to listen to audio book.
3) Read another chapter of self-improvement book. Read chapter of traveling Japan book.
4) Fling 15 items from the basement. Stretch goal to put together another bag of weeding together this weekend.
5) Nothing specific, filling the tanks mostly which is covered by small goals 2+3.
For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. The list of everyone participating in this round is here. I personally format my check-ins as an after action review, then the setting of intentions/minigoals for the next check-in. Please leave a comment, even if it's not related to the goals I don't mind, it's nice to know that someone sees this page!
Just got back from vacation. Taking a slow day to reorient before kicking off on the next lap of the pool called goals.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW:
1) Still done! While I was traveling I picked up my official awards, it's nice to see something physically for all of this work!
2) Super success here! I finished all of the edits for the architecture of the book!!! This is super exciting and it was so much more relaxing knowing that this stage of this was complete before vacation!
3) I did not do the more official studying that I had hoped. But there was a lot of unintentional studying anyways. One of the panels I went too was hosted in Japanese with a translator. Combine that with plenty of the other panels I went to and I'm more motivated than ever to do this properly!!!
1) No major sales lately. Did *finally* turn in those coins for $60. I also kept to my budget while on vacation, which is a lovely win!
2) Responded to some emails, two big ones that need to get responded to today now that I'm home.
3) Started and dropped two ebooks. Also finished catching up on The Magnus Archives! Read some of the physical book while on vacation,
4) Success! Finished reading success principles!
5) Turned in the light bulbs to Home Depot. ALSO found a place to drop off the ancient computer AND dropped it off while driving for vacation. That's a big win!!! I started the trip with my car full of stuff, and ended it with a couple awards, a stand, and a trunk full of groceries. Talk about a huge and wonderful improvement for the house! (And in correlation my mental well being!)
Just getting back from vacation it's time to coast through the rest of the month. Then I'll kick it up into the next gear in June.
1) Absolutely done! (Though I do want to post pictures of those awards on my FB today!)
2) I'm going to take today (Monday) to go through and add the obvious dialogue tags and descriptions that I often lack on a first draft. Then I'd like to get the last 20 pages typed into the computer. Stretch goal to get everything typed into the computer and then the next draft printed in a different font. But that would be a bit crazy.
3) 15 minutes of vocab and 1 letter every day.
1) Post the last ten items I found in my house on eBay. The only other big thing is to focus on not spending money.
2) Respond to email from library.
3) Now that I'm done catching up on Magnus Archives I'll be going back to listening to books in the car until I'm caught up on this goal. Just a touch behind now. (Behind the quarters goal, still ahead of my yearly goal.) Also want to watch a couple episodes of GoT. Possibly finish out season 3?
4) With me finishing Success Principles over vacation this goal is officially complete! Still, I'd like to take some actions on the success principles I read, namely to work on my support network. The goal is to research some people who I might like to become a mentor. I think that I'll need three different ones, for different aspects of my life.
5) The weather is really nice today, so I'll be painting the front stairs at least. Plus some cleaning of the house and throwing out some old stuff. Stretch goal to start cleaning windows or other gardening.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW:
1) Absolutely positively nothing since this is DONE!
2) Massive win! I overachieved by getting to over 20 of the 25 major edits. (The goal was 12.) The last edits are all new scenes, so they will take longer to do. But with the momentum of this week behind me I hope they'll get done that much faster!
3) I did study vocab every day but have been running a couple days behind on the letters. They take a long time to do, and I've been busy at work which means lunches were less available to get said letters done.
1) Did put the change into the car. Did also find a couple more items to sell in the last three places I looked, though probably won't post them until next month. Every week more and more is leaving my house, and I'm enjoying the items that are still here that much more!
2) Emails received and responded to. Email to the editor sent.
3) Read a couple more chapters of the physical book.
4) No progress, as planned.
5) Flung 20 items from the basement. Rescheduled the light bulb return to this week, since I know I'll be driving by there on Wednesday. Fewer trips is better for the environment!
I'm going on vacation for over half of this week, so I won't be checking in until Sunday and the goals are small.
1) STILL DONE! Eight years and this is finally complete! A new level of freedom has been found!
2) It's a big goal, but I'd really like to write out all of those new scenes before I go on vacation. I think there will be a lot of good with getting the major rewrites done, and letting them sit for most of a week, before typing them into the computer and reading the post overhaul version.
3) Study Japanese for 15 minutes every day, even when I'm on vacation. 1 letter per day, even when on vacation.
1) Send out eBay purchases before I leave Wednesday morning.
2) Respond to emails as needed.
3) Continue reading and enjoying any of the books I'm in the middle of right now. No GoT until I get back. I've been listening to a wonderful podcast called The Magnus Archives and I'm finally on the current season. Thus I would like to officially catch up while I'm on vacation. Stretch goal to finish the physical book while I'm on vacation as well.
4) Finish reading Success Principles while I'm on vacation.
5) Turn in the light bulbs to Home Depot on Wednesday. Stretch goal to look into a way to get rid of the ancient computer in the garage.
100 Squats per Day
Read 52 Books