Last round was a smashing success! Thank you all for welcoming me into this amazing group, it's really helped me get more of the important stuff done and understand that it's ok for me to take time for myself too.
1) Finish my most recent degree. If everything goes smoothly this will be finishing in early May. I'm two online classes, which I intend to get an A in. This will involve me handing in all of my assignments on time and calling into class twice a week. One of the classes is creative writing, so that will be most of my new writings for this round of words.
2) Edit my romance novel. I wrote this for National Novel Writing Month in November of 2018. It's my best first draft to date (out of eight or so) and I'm really ready to get it to a state where I can get feedback from beta readers. This happens to harmonize with Camp NaNo, so I'll start it then, though in order to keep myself from burn out I do intend for it to take the whole round. (Not that I would stop myself if I really feel like editing the whole thing quickly.)
3) Learn Japanese and get ready for my Japan trip. I took last round to refocus on this, but I need to at least double my effort if I'm going to be as fluent as I'd like to be. That being said, I think this will really be getting focus as soon as Big Goal 1 is complete. Until then the goal is to study for 15 minutes a day, and after Big Goal 1 is done it'll be 30 minutes a day.
1) Save an extra $1,000 dollars and use it to finish paying my student loans. With the extra effort last round I'm within reach of this goal. (It didn't even seem possible when I was making my goals in Jan.) It's time to seal the deal and get these out of my life!
2) Host two workshops and one event at local libraries/businesses. This will mostly involve putting together the material and attending the events.
3) Read 10 books. My intention is one a week for the year. Last year I was super behind by this point, this year I'm already at 20. Honestly I think this is a good indicator of my mental health.
4) Read 3 self-improvement books. My intention is one a month for the year. On the top of the list are: The Art of Non-Conformity, Leadership and Self-Deception, and The Success Principles. I realize that I haven't read/plan to read any writing related self-improvement books, but I'm not feeling it right now either. I think that I'll add them in next round to prep my mind for NaNo.
5) Tend the outside of the house and basement before my family visits June 22nd. I think the hardest part will be remembering that this is a small goal, and is not supposed to get prioritized above the big goals. Still there's a lot of stuff that needs to get done in relation to this, including but not limited to:
Getting rid of stuff in the basement, and then organizing what's left
Getting rid of stuff in the garage, and then organizing what's left
Get rid of my attempted garden from last year
Take out prickly bushes
Put in fruit trees
Put in perennial flowers
Fixing the holes that my dog has dug in the yard
Taking care of the invasive vines
Touching up the bricks and mortar
Outside paint touch ups
Painting the front stairs
Washing all of the windows around the whole house
Thanks for reading!
100 Squats per Day
Read 52 Books