For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. The list of everyone participating in this round is here. I personally format my check-ins as an after action review, then the setting of intentions/minigoals for the next check-in. Please leave a comment, even if it's not related to the goals I don't mind, it's nice to know that someone sees this page!
AFTER ACTION REVIEW:
1) After 8 years this is 100% done, with the degree successfully arriving at home.
2) It took an extra push of effort, and the knowledge that I was writing this up and would be accountable, to get these 40pages done. But they did get done, and the edits were all reasonable! I found three plot related issues that need to get fixed, and the rest were all sentence structure or adding additional emotional depth. I'm really looking forward to having this out to beta readers on the 20th!
3) Ended up ignoring this for most of the week. Just a bit too busy and a bit too high on anxiety to get around to it. Taking a deep breath now, and refocusing this upcoming checkin.
1) Success! Sent out eBay sales. Withdrew from the old investment. Kept spending to a minimum. (Still splurged on 2$ pizza for lunch, because it was that kinda week. Still a reasonable price for not having to make or pack lunch.)
2) Responded to all emails and rescheduled appointment to August. Cleared the schedule a little, which is helpful with the extra life that is happening.
3) Read some more of the books I'm in the middle of. Opted for podcasts instead of audiobooks because that was what I was in the mood for.
4) I did not read some of 'Ask More' nor did I watch GoT. As before there was too much to do, and as smaller more fun goals they got placed to the wayside. I did some more of the prep I needed for DnD and will be doing a test battle after posting this!
5) Huge success! I finally got around to cleaning the house! I also did a test run of touching up the mortar on the house. The color match ended up being pink instead of red. Some of the mortar on the house is an odder color than that, so I did my practice patch there. On the other hand some of the mortar matches the red brick color very well, so I'll probably try another entire jar of mortar next time I do this. That all being said, I think I underestimated this project a bit. This is a much better goal to do a bit at a time so that I can learn and focus on getting it to look good, instead of all at once. I shall continue forward!
2) 20 pages of detail level edits.
3) 15 minutes of vocab studying a day, and 1 letter a day.
1) Send out eBay sales. Keep spending to a minimum.
2) Respond to emails as needed. Review notes for workshop.
3) Finish two shorter books I'm in the middle of.
4) Do more DnD prep. I doubt I'll have time for much of anything else.
5) Keep the house clean. It'll be raining for most of the week, so I'll keep this simple.
Bonus) This is a goal for the week; make grandma's calendar on Shutterfly. This is often a lengthy process for me, taking an average of four hours. So I'd like to spread it out over the week. I also just got a coupon that ends on the 17th, and I do love me a deadline.
Read 52 Books