For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. The list of everyone participating in this round is here.
This turned into a really great checkin. I think I choose the right amount of items to work on, but I also didn't have a ton planned outside of these goals so I could do them and take time to relax which I really needed at this point in the year.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW
1) Major success! The new hard drive came in, I did a backup of the original drive onto the new one, then restored the drive. It ended up taking 20 hours due to all of the stuff that I have on it, but it's all back and accessible. I also have an extra hard drive that I can use to backup my computer or just move files around, a nicety for sure. (So thankful, my files are safe and I didn't have to pay for a one time use software to recover them!)
2) I mean, it was a success, but mostly it's was taking the time to do some research. Two major options stood out. The first is to take a two tier table that I got from a neighbor who was throwing it out and turn it into Lego play area. The second is to take an old knife holder, which I have from my last knife set but don't use, and turn it into a kit area for my sewing machine. Of the two the second would require the least amount of supplies up front, so I'll be doing that one first.
3) Major success! Completely finished reading one of the books and am up to 30% on the other, up from 12%.
4) Success! I did play the adventure ring every day. Two of those days was 20 minutes, yesterday was 10 because I was tired, sore, and wanted to get to bed a little earlier.
Bonus) Surprise surprise, major success here too! I found out that Aaron Sorkin has a Masterclass and was instantly sold on the yearlong subscription. I had already been thinking it over because Neil Gaiman also has a class on their, but I've read a lot of his online material and wasn't sure that the class would have new tools for me.
1) Realized that I have a short story that's due by the end of the year so I need to get working on that instead of my previous goals. An outline would be reasonable, stretch goal of first draft by next checkin.
2) Determine project needs and write a little action plan. Put out request for any items that I might be missing. Stretch goal to start to work on project.
3) Minor goal to make progress on book. Stretch goal to finish reading the book.
4) Play adventure ring every day for 20 minutes.
Bonus) I think I'm ready for a whole goals writeup. I have an outline currently. I need to review it, think about how I want to divide the goals throughout the year, and then it'll be good. I'd like to print it out and then look it over occasionally for the rest of the year, to see if it continues to resonate.
How about you, are you prepared for the holidays?
100 Squats per Day
Read 52 Books