For those turning into this round the master goals list is here. I personally format my check-ins as an after action review, then the setting of intentions/minigoals for the next checkin.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW
1) Starts on 1/11, so no news on this front.
2) Ended up critiquing 13,000 instead of the 20,000 goal. It's a lot easier to do on my computer at home, so I should schedule it more for then instead of lunch time.
3) Watched seven out of the goal of five videos on learning Japanese. Did not watch the recommended Japanese movie. (I usually only have time for one movie a week and this week it was "Crazy Rich Asians" with the SO for date night.) Also did not record myself speaking Japanese, I simply didn't make it as much of a priority. Watching the Japanese videos during lunch seems to be a solid idea, and it's easy for me to pay attention to the audio while eating. So I will continue to do that.
4) I checked in on both RWA classes. Posted an introduction on the first. The second I haven't seen an intro email with instructions yet. If I don't get that by Tuesday I'll contact them about it.
1) Did better this week. Setting up some of the morning journal the evening before helps, since my brain is slow to warm up after waking. A couple days I had enough time to clean the kitchen and empty the car, which is a huge win. I'd like more time for that in the morning, particularly now that there's ever more daylight.
2) Medium good. Lots more hot tub time. I properly filled out my journal four nights out of five nights. Didn't read as often as I should.
3) Complete. Made a new meditation and learned more about the software.
4) Packed lunch every day. I did spend my scheduled $15 at writers group, but nothing additional. Also found out that my Ibotta account is almost up to $40. Once it is I'll cash that in and add that to the savings for this quarter.
5) Complete. Actually sent out three emails. One has been responded to thus far.
6) Ahead of schedule. Almost done with book two.
7) Ahead of schedule. Finished "Think and Grow Rich" I wasn't impressed and ended up skimming a lot of it.
INTENTIONS AND MINIGOALS - Monday's are my day off, so these goals are particularly small.
1) Check for syllabus again on 1/11 and buy books as needed.
2) Crit another 10k words. Respond to all emails.
3) Watch three Dogan videos. Record myself speaking Japanese for ten minutes and review.
4) Read lesson one of the PTSD class. Figure out how to log into class two.
1) Keep trying.
2) Keep trying. Make the book reading a priority.
3) Listen to the meditations I already have and write down ways to improve them. Stretch goal of starting to work on an outline for the next one to be recorded.
4) Continue to pack lunch and play/read what I have in the house.
5) Keep up on response emails. I'm particularly early, so I don't need to worry. If they don't respond by 1/13 I'll send follow-up emails.
6) Finish next book. I'm already 150/220 on one and 70/350 on the other.
7) No progress here for the upcoming checkin.
Thanks for reading!
Read 50 Books