For those turning into this round the master goals list is here. I personally format my check-ins as an after action review, then the setting of intentions/minigoals for the next checkin.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW
1) Starts on 1/14, so no news on this front.
2) Critiqued 11k words and responded to all emails. Will need to let one of those pieces mull around a bit and read it again in order to give the right kind of feedback. It was good, but there are particularly complicated pacing pieces that I think could be improved.
3) Watched three Japanese videos and recorded myself speaking Japanese for a chunk of time. It was less than ten, but more than five, and exactly when my brain was too full of the sounds. Ideally trying to speak for a minute or two every day, or only focusing on a couple words at a time, would help.
4) Completed lesson one of PTSD. Logged into, read, and responded to both the intro post and lesson one of Seriously Creative.
1) Monday was medium with me getting up at 6:20 and getting some morning routine. Tuesday was very bad, with me staying in bed til 6:40, and just managing to get out the door on time. Wednesday was great, I got up exactly at 6 and got some things off my 'to do' list while eating breakfast. I got to the journal later in the day, and since I was doing things that morning I'm giving myself a pass on that.
2) Monday was a freebie on this, because I knew that I wasn't going to get home until late. Tuesday was perfect, got in an hour of reading and everything. Tonight I should be ok, with me posting this by 9:35PM and heading for a shower.
3) Listening to at least one meditation a day in the car.
4) Impulse bought an indie book on Kindle for $2. Did manage to pack a lunch today despite not having much time after my active morning. Overall I consider this a success. It was a minimal purchase and the money is going to an author <3
5) Two responses, both responded to. Last one I'm still waiting on.
6) Finished "A Stir of Bones" by Nina Kiriki Hoffman. Very interesting and super emotional origin story to one of my favorite teen books. It was nice to read something by Nina again. I should really get more of her books on my list for this year!
7) Choose my next personal development book; "The Five Dysfunctions of a Team".
INTENTIONS AND MINIGOALS
1) Respond to one email from professor and check for online updates on Sunday before my ROW 80 post.
2) Critique 10k words, and review 10 stories. This is a lot, but I need to front load this goal before goal one starts up in earnest.
3) Watch five Dogan videos. Watch Japanese movie over the weekend. Record myself speaking in Japanese for a minute in three different sessions.
4) Complete second lesson for both classes.
1) Keep trying.
2) Keep trying.
3) Record one new meditation over the weekend. Try to implement something new I've learned about recording.
4) Continue to pack lunch and play/read what I have in the house. Bonus, continue to shuffle things out of the house. I've been trying to make very small progress in this every day. Taking one thing out of the car when I leave, etc. I'd like to continue the momentum!
5) Keep responding as needed. Was thinking of following up on Sunday, but I'm thinking Tuesdays are better days for such things and there isn't a rush.
6) Finish next book, already 230/350.
7) Read the first 50 pages
Thanks for reading!
Post 52 non-ROW Blogs
Read 52 Books