For those turning into this round the master goals list is here. I personally format my check-ins as an after action review, then the setting of intentions/minigoals for the next check-in.
A strong finish to the week. I had some mild anxiety there, I think it was caused by not putting my school assignments onto my calendar right away, which gave me the impression that all the assignments were due in the next week or two. Obviously that's not the case, all of it should be done by the first week of May and that means plenty of time to spread things out.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW
1) All homework done and turned in as applicable. Happily put all my assignments onto Wunderlist.
2) Posted the meeting agenda and the Hens have seen it.
3) Watched three Dogan videos. Finished watching the Japanese movie "Tokyo Sonata". Great ending, still won't be watching it again. New movie is "Rent-a-Cat".
4) All lessons read and homework completed/posted.
1) Morning routine Thursday was skipped since I slept through it. Friday was solid with me getting up early and getting stuff done. Still not sure what I should do to improve this, other than perhaps having a list of things to do in the morning. (I think I'm less likely to get up for something too routine, I'd rather sleep than ease into the day most of the time.)
2) Evening routine has been better with more reading and hot tub time. (Particularly nice with the snow!) It's led to me getting better sleep too, so very much winning!
3) Meditation has been recorded and posted here. Please take a look and let me know what you think! It ended up being short, but that's kind of nice when asking for feedback because no one has to dedicate too much time and I can learn quickly. I already learned that I need four outlined pages to fill in ten minutes of time, not one. Progress.
4) This one got skewed a bit from the original intentions and ended up as a major overachieve.
First I found ten things around the house that I was ready to part with. I find it's easier to make decisions when there's specific examples in mind. I looked into selling them to Amazon. It's a quick option, but not a profitable one. I then looked into selling things on eBay again. It'll be slower but more profitable and not an overwhelming amount of effort, at least for these items.
I skipped looking into Etsy, and instead decided to make the plunge into eBay. I tried to open my old account, but found out they deleted it in 2017 due to inactivity. Thus I opened a new account and filled it with my 50 free listings for the month. If they all sell at max I'll make 270$. That's not actually that likely, but a solid 150$ would be lovely indeed.
5) Didn't need to email one more library as the last one contacted me back. Looks like everything is going along, just slowly, for the scheduling.
6) Ended up reading a chapter of three books, but not the fourth. No particular reason, just how the cards fell.
7) Finished the first 30 pages, which is half of chapter one. I think that's plenty and it gave me enough to think about.
INTENTIONS AND MINIGOALS
1) Call into two classes. Keep up with all homework.
2) Take a much needed breath before digging into this goal in earnest again. The goal is to not touch this goal for a couple days.
3) I need to change it up a bit, so I'm going to choose one of the books I have on the shelves about learning Japanese and read a bit of that. (Heck, I might choose one of the fully Japanese books I have and try to very slowly translate it or something.) Mostly I want to keep the attention high and doing something new is a great way to do this.
4) Do lesson 5 for both classes.
1) Warm up to the day. Wake up at 6AM, cook myself breakfast, try doing a small assignment in the morning, warm up the car while shoveling.
2) Cool down to bedtime. Try to do the journal before this time. Instead keep it to just brushing teeth, showering, and reading a book.
3) Listen to my personal audio meditations twice. Continue to listen to knitting meditation book in the car.
4) Keep on top of my eBay sales. Cancel my NYT subscription. At $4 a month that's $48 for the year. Redeem credit card bonus points for ??? money.
5) Keep up with emails. Might send a reminder in Feb if I don't have finalized dates by then.
6) Read one chapter in each book.
7) Finish chapter one in 7 habits.
Thanks for reading! (I swear these things get longer with each post.)
Post 52 non-ROW Blogs
Read 52 Books