For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. I personally format my check-ins as an after action review, then the setting of intentions/minigoals for the next check-in.
It was a reasonable time and kept up with my reasonable goals. Kicking the big goals up a notch fo the next checkin though!
AFTER ACTION REVIEW
1) I forgot that since it's MLK day that we didn't have class. Thus I have attended one class by calling in and did all applicable homework for both.
2) I ended up having to log in and rename some documents. Not too big of a deal, not quite the hands off I was thinking of.
3) Choose my Japanese reader book from the shelves and read/did the practice assignments for two lessons. It's definitely a good addition for what I was already learning, and helps since I generally learn more through reading. I've been focusing on pronunciation, so that requires listening even if it's harder and slower for me to learn from. Switching between the two seems to be helping so I'll keep it up for a bit.
4) Completed both lesson 5s. The PTSD class had a link to a fascinating documentary clip which I'd like to see more of, if I can find a place to buy it. Seriously Creative has been focusing on the introspective, and my introspection has really summarized to, I should be nicer to myself. Particularly by reminding myself that I am choosing to do a lot of what I am doing, and focusing/enjoying what I'm doing instead of thinking about what I *should* be doing.
1) I have been getting up early, not always right at 6, but still early enough. I had oatmeal with blueberry's and a decadent spoonful of brown sugar along with a cup of tea. It's been a lovely way to start the day. I decided that the morning journal isn't working for me, and instead I've been doing small tasks during the morning. Catching up on some reading and such. I might actually try doing morning writing again, or perhaps morning homework. We'll see.
2) The evenings haven't been as on schedule, mostly because I've been very tired (due to the weather) and therefore going to sleep without reading. (Expect for the one night I read 7 Habits before bed and my mind was racing for at least an hour. Got to keep to fiction.) Overall a medium success.
3) Finished the knitting book. Even though I don't knit I still found it to be enjoyable and applicable to many of my other crafts. I also listened to my meditations
4) Mailed out two sales! Not much, but it'll start my ratings and it's stuff that I wasn't using/enjoying out of my house so that's a win. I also canceled my NYT subscription. They had already charged me for this month, but that's still a 44$ savings for the year. Redeemed some bonus points on the credit card for another 40$.
5) Nothing new.
6) I read at least one new chapter in all of my books!
7) Overachieved by finished the first and second chapters!
INTENTIONS AND MINIGOALS
1) I wanna clear the field early for my vacation next month, and this is the right time to do it. I wanna do both of my first two short papers for creative writing this weekend, plus write and put together my first piece for class critique. I know that I have plenty already written which could do with some critiquing, but I'd like the extra challenge (and fun) of writing something new. If there is any homework for world civ I'll do that as needed.
2) Get together detailed notes about what needs to get brought up in this upcoming meeting. This will involve some research, data mining, and preliminary decisions. I want to make sure that we can get the most useful time out of our one hour, so I'll be putting at least two hours into it ahead of time. Then there will be the actual meeting this weekend which I'd like to be both useful and fun. By Sunday checkin I'd like the meeting notes to be online along with the next steps and due dates for our action plan.
Also I'd like to make truffles for the meeting.
Also charge the tablet and bring it along in case it's needed, or maybe even print stuff.
Also critique one more story that got added to my list.
I knew this goal was going to get lots of attention soon, thus the break for the last couple days.
3) Watch one video a day. Record myself speaking Japanese at least once.
4) Complete both lesson 6s with homework.
1) Keep at it. I'll continue to try working on smaller assignments in the morning.
2) Try to give myself more time for preparing for bed, even when I'm tired.
3) I *should* record another mediation. But I'm trying not to should all over myself, and looking at the big goals I don't think I'll have the time. So I'll keep it simple and listen to the ones that are already recorded at least three times.
4) Continue keeping up on my sales. Cancel my humble-bundle subscription for $144 savings this year. I *should* look into etsy, but I'm going to delay that as well.
5) Paused until next month.
6) I'd like to read one chapter of my physical book and one of my Kindle book. If I get to the others that's a bonus.
7) I'm already ahead in this goal, so this is a perfect time to take advantage of that and pause while I focus on the big stuff.
As one of my best friends told me it's not about balance, it's about riding the waves. The waves are focusing on the big goals now, and thus that's where I shall go. See you all Sunday!
100 Squats per Day
Read 52 Books