For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. I personally format my check-ins as an after action review, then the setting of intentions/minigoals for the next check-in.
Overall a lovely weekend. I took Saturday off as a completely unscheduled day at home. It was good to relax and game and read. I came back feeling refreshed and ready to get more done. I've been thinking about planning more of these to help keep motivations high, probably one a month. Even with that happening I ended up getting a lot done today, so this is a pretty long check-in.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW
1) Finished as much as I could for this. The websites were down for all of today due to flooding. Luckily I had saved the paper requirements for World Civ and the notes with links to the videos. I write an outline for the next piece of flash fiction, I plan to write it up tonight when I'm at writers group.
2) Success with a bonus! Sent 5 emails every day and finished 6 critiques over the weekend! My reward to myself was allowing myself to finish the season of Taskmaster I started on my unscheduled Saturday. It makes me feel good about getting the critiques done and gets rid of the distraction of an unfinished season. (Plus, of course, I enjoyed it and laughed a ton!)
3) Asked a friend for help in finding a penpal. Watched 15 minutes of the movie. I think it's going to be a much better fit than the previous one, it's about renting cats and is overall adorable and easy for me to follow even though I'm still very young in Japanese. Watched the new episode of Dogen. Read one pretty long lesson in the Japanese book. Overall reasonable, though I'd like to spend more dedicated time on it when I can.
4) Finished the classes and backed up all of the lessons plus my work. I did end up signing up for another class for this month about Comedy in Mysteries. I'm not sure if I'll do all of the lessons as they come up, or if I'll simply read the lessons and save them for later. I'll decide after seeing another lesson or two and judge how my schedule is looking.
1) The morning schedule went well for the rest of the week. I ended up getting up at 6AM on Thursday and cleaning up the kitchen a bit. On Friday I got up at 6AM and did some schoolwork until I went to my appointment and then to work proper. Those were really productive hours, though I still don't love getting up at 6AM, for some reason my body really prefers 7AM (if I'm on a day schedule at all) and maybe one day I'll have a schedule that will accommodate that.
2) The before sleep schedule hasn't been ideal, with me working fairly late to get everything done that I wanted to get done. It hasn't been affecting my sleeping as much as it sometimes does, so that's good.
3) Recorded the new four minute mini meditation. These are perfect for walking from my desk to the just about anywhere else at work, so I think I'll keep listening to them then and using my car time for chunks of audiobooks.
4) This goal is so large/long that I almost want to split it into two or three, but I'm taking all of these actions for one overarching reason, to put another $1,500 towards my student loans, so I'll keep them as one.
Ebay is going surprisingly well. I expected that anything that didn't sell in the first week would stay around for a long time. Instead I'm selling two-three items every week so far. The total profit is $30, but ebay and paypal both take a 3$ cut, leaving me with 24$. Still it's a fine start and almost covered the new RWA class from Big Goal 4. And, as I've stated before, that's a handful of things out of my house.
Etsy is slow to start. I made my account up to the point of posting my first item, which I wasn't prepared for. (I didn't have the weight ready or pictures taken etc.) Those things are certainly obtainable, but I don't want to distract from my other goals right now. I'll pick this up in two or three weeks. I do have a better understanding of how their system works and feel more prepared for taking the plunge when I have the time to dedicate.
Financial Review. Well. Let's start with the good news. With everything that I've canceled and the money earned I ended up saving myself 494.99$ which is almost exactly 1/3rd of my goal for this 80 days and right on time. The less good news is that with my current estimates the books still don't add up to my ultimate goal of paying off my student loans by October. Thus I'm going to have to make some hard decisions dealing with more cancelations.
5) No news, and that's fine.
6) Read a chapter of the physical book, started and listened to two fifths of an audiobook, started and listened to a tenth of another audiobook, but did not end up getting to my eBook. Perhaps I will tonight at writers group, depending on how the flash fiction goes.
7) I did read the next two sections of 7 Habits. The views are excellent and make a lot of sense. I can see why this is so highly recommended.
INTENTIONS AND MINIGOALS
It's going to be a busy couple of days so the goals are light.
1) Write two journal entries for World Civ. Send email to prof. Edit and hand in flash fiction for Creative Writing.
2) This is tough because I want to do a lot here and I know I don't have the time to do a lot right now. I'll continue to send 5 emails a day and critique one more story.
3) Watch 15 minutes of the movie a day. Read one lesson in the book.
4) For now read and keep up with new Comedy class.
1) Keep at it. The focus this time is making good breakfasts, particularly since there's lots of fresh food in the house.
2) Honestly my evening schedule is booked from now until Wednesday so I doubt I'll be getting to bed on time let alone have enough time to do a proper cooldown. Now that I've acknowledged it hopefully I'll work with it more and be less stressed about not achieving it.
3) Listen to audio meditations three times.
4) Simply keep up with eBay and don't spend money.
5) Respond as needed.
6) Continue to listen to audiobooks, particularly since there will be a lot of car time.
7) Read another section of 7 Habits.
Thanks for reading. This check-in is longer than most flash fiction, which is kinda crazy!
Read 52 Books