For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. I personally format my check-ins as an after action review, then the setting of intentions/minigoals for the next check-in.
I finished out a couple big chunks right in time for the midway point on this 80 journey~ It wasn't intended for that time slot, it was due to me going on vacation this upcoming week and wanting to make sure everything was done so that I could freely relax, but it's a nice quiescence. Onto the goals!
AFTER ACTION REVIEW
1) Responded to a couple emails from the professors, but otherwise nothing done because I'm all caught up!
2) Completed the next major step here! All emails for the upcoming anthology have been sent and all critiques are up to date! This was the big goal, because I know getting it done early would make life easier for everyone in the long run.
3) Big successes here too! Finished watching the movie. I think I can watch it a couple more times, and it's easy to watch in sections, during lunch or what have you. The idea is that I'll be able to think back to the dialogue of the movie whenever I need a reference on how to pronounce something. I also watched Sweetness and Lightening. It was adorable as always and I did understand more of it than before, but not as much as I would like to.
4) Doing lesson 3 took longer to get around to than I would have liked. Starting to write a piece with comedy in mind is out of my comfort zone. But earlier today I sat my butt down and did it, and I think it turned out pretty well! That was a pleasant surprise. My previous posts have been saved and responded to as needed. Overall solid.
1) The morning schedule went very well for the end of the week. I got a new pillow which I think is helping me sleep, although it's also really stirring up some long and weird dreams.
2) I did get more sleep! In fact I put myself to bed early one night almost by accident. I haven't been reading before bed and I would like to get back to that. I suspect it's because the bedside book right now is a bit tough to read. I might need to drop it, we'll see. I'd like to give it another chapter or two.
3) Listened to my audio meditations twice. I feel ready to make a new one, but don't have the time right now. Perhaps I'll write down a draft, we'll see.
4) Overachieved! I canceled three auto subscriptions to save $270! I also remembered an old investment account I had put money into years ago. I looked over the return rate, and it's less than the interest rate on my student loans. Thus I'm liquidating it, although it can't be done quickly due to the nature of things. I got $30 out of it this month and I should get similar chunks from it over the next couple months. It's feels like finding money in your pocket~
Lastly I took advantage of a free listings sale that eBay had up to post an extra 20 items or so. I'm saving my normal 50 free listings for after my vacation. It's nice to find things around the house that we've been meaning to get rid of and finding out it's worth something on eBay. Plus the item gets a second life helping someone else. That's a win/win/win in my book.
5) Nothing, as planned.
6) Finished one of my audio books and made major progress in the other. Haven't sat down to read much lately though.
7) Did read this a couple times during lunch. We're at an interesting section about figuring out values that I definitely want to dive deep into!
INTENTIONS AND MINIGOALS
Relax, enjoy the vacation, enjoy life, connect with family and friends. The only rule is don't go over budget.
See you all in a couple checkins!
100 Squats per Day
Read 52 Books