For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. I personally format my check-ins as an after action review, then the setting of intentions/minigoals for the next check-in.
I set big intentions for this check-in and got to most of them. Now I'm in need of a low key set of days before gearing up to the next major tasks.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW
1) I finished, edited, and turned in short paper one for class. I started paper two and did the needed research. I'll be finishing it and turning it in before the next checkin. (It's due Feb 19th, so I'm well ahead of schedule.) Wrote up the outline and first half of my short story for creative writing. This will be finished at writers group tonight then polished and turned in tomorrow. (Due Tuesday, so this will be the focus.) Also finished and turned in a paper for world civ.
2) This was my main focus, and it shows! Made truffles. Charged and used the tablet. Critiqued the extra story plus most of the poetry. Did the needed research for the upcoming meeting and used it to put together some pointed meeting minutes. I think that the new format worked really well, and everyone seemed happy with many decisions that we made during that meeting. Overall a win/win/win!
3) I did watch one video a day, did not record myself speaking Japanese.
4) Completed both lessons and the homework.
1) The morning routine has been getting better. I got up at six am twice and got a lot done. It also gave me the flexibility to leave for work early and with the nasty weather we've been getting I used it.
2) The going to bed routine went reasonably well too, as long as I was home on time. When I'm out I end up getting home at my bedtime or later, meaning no time to cool down.
3) I listened to my meditations two times. I've been enjoying quite time in the car lately, and I don't think that's a bad thing.
4) I've sold 6 things on eBay! It hasn't brought in much, about $20. But it's money I didn't have, and items out of my house so that's a win/win. I also did canceled humble-bundle subscription to save $144 for the year. I did splurge on anther indie eBook at $3. Considering how much food I haven't splurged on lately I think this is a very reasonable reward, plus it's helping other authors!
5) I thought this was paused but one of my contacts emailed me again with a more finalized date, and I took it. Waiting for her confirmation that I'm on the list then I can start advertising!
6) Overachieved by finishing my physical book, and reading over half of the Kindle book!
7) As planned, no progress on this one.
INTENTIONS AND MINIGOALS
1) Finish and hand in short story. Finish and hand in short paper 2. Call into both classes. Do other homework as it comes up.
2) Start sending out 10 acceptance/rejection emails a day until everything is accounted for. Do a critique a day on accepted pieces. (These will be going on for a while.)
3) Watch new movie and read learning Japanese book three times.
4) Lesson 7 plus homework for both classes.
1) Continue working at it. I took out morning journaling and I think that helped.
2) Continue working at it. I've been specifically keeping a book next to my bed, that I can only read before bed. We'll see if that helps motivate.
3) Write a page for the next meditation. Listen to the ones I already have three times total.
4) Keep up with eBay. Look into etsy. There aren't any other obvious payments I can cut, but I'll look over my finances again at the end of the month and confirm that.
5) Respond to emails as needed.
6) Finish Kindle book. Read a chapter of physical book and eBook.
7) Read a chapter of 7 habits.
Thanks for reading!
Read 52 Books