For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. The list of everyone participating in this round is here.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW
1) This was annoyingly delayed. The hard drive issue that I had earlier has not been fixed after multiple different attempts. I can see the data on it still, which is the main reason that I'm not really in a tizzy. I just got in a backup external hard drive and additional cord. Fingers crossed I can rescue the information that's on it. Once I do I plan to work on the short stories again. If I can't I'll start to find out where the last backup is and get them downloaded from there. All in all, I took care of some top priority items to try to facilitate this goal and it didn't end up happening.
2) Major success! Actually this one was a little easier since my hard drive was down. I didn't have 40gb of pictures to go through to find something old and fun. Instead I took all of the pictures my family sent me and the ones I had uploaded from previous years to Shutterfly and went from there. Overall it took the usual four hours but with less headache and the SO and I were playing a fun new game called 'For the King' at the same time.
3) Success! Read a good chunk of each book. It's nice to really see/feel the progress in both. For the one I think it helps that I've allowed myself to skim over some of the more boring descriptive paragraphs. (It's just not my thing and probably never will be. I'm a reader because I wanna know how people think. If I wanted to know what it looked like I'd watch a movie.) For the other I have to be in the right mindset to pay attention to it, since it's much crunchier than other comedy books.
4) C+. I got around 6k for two days and maybe 2k today. But I did get my adventure ring out again and did four rounds of that, equaling 20minutes of solid exercise. I know I should be doing more, but with the weather and the snow, well, I did get the adventure ring for a reason so I need to focus on that more! I did do pretty well with making meals/packing lunches, thus the + on the C. Gotta have both!
Bonus) It's amazing how talking to the right person at the right time can put yourself in a whole different mindset. Feeling much more optimistic about my goals for next year and really trying to keep in mind that the goals are things that I care about, and I'm only measuring them against myself, no one else. With that in mind I'm thinking of some more fun/important to me goals such as leaving online reviews (contributing to society), recycling properly/upcycling (helping the environment), and more movies (some special dedicated time with the SO). Still considering writing goals and more personal development sections, that'll be for the next couple weeks.
1) Have a lovely time hosting the TGIO party tonight. Finish fixing the hard drive issue. I'm sure that'll take a lot of time, and I'd rather work on the short stories when I have time over the weekend anyways, this these will be the focus.
2) Go searching through the internet and my stuff in the basement for the next crafting/upcycling project. Starting next years helping the environment goals by not buying anything new!
3) Read another chunck of each of the two books that I'm the middle of.
4) Adventure ring every day for 20minutes. (Unless I hit 8k, which hasn't happened recently.) Continue to prep meals/bring meals to work. I was going to get that meat CSA, but really I don't have room in the freezer currently for either the meat or the meals that I would make out of the meat. Therefore I'm going to eat the stores down some more, then all the new meat will be locally sourced.
Bonus) More consideration on goals for next year. Possible focus on writing and personal development goals.
How about you, have you planned your goals for next year? What do you do to make sure they align with your visions? When do you check in with your visions to make sure that they're still what you want? #askingthetoughquesitons
Post 52 non-ROW Blogs
Read 52 Books