For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. The list of everyone participating in this round is here.
Another great checkin here. Keeping the goals smaller and allowing more time to relax is absolutely helping me, particularly with the end of the year rolling around.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW
1) Reasonable success. Got an outline for the short story which I'll be turning into a first draft at writers group later today. Not sure if this is even the story I want to submit to the anthology, but it certainly seems like fun and worth writing either way!
2) Sidways success. I wrote up the project needs and action plan. Then I went into the basement to find out if I had the items that would be needed for the project. I found a reasonable amount and am still missing two bits which I will be asking for online at some point this week. But in the process of doing this I started to drastically clean the basement. As much as I've been happy having less stuff in the living areas of the house there's still plenty in the basement to go through/needs to find a home. So taking about two hours to sort through things and setting the stage for the upcoming year/crafting projects. Despite not that much leaving the basement it's significantly better organized. Plus I vacuumed, which it really really needed.
3) Stretch goal completed! I finished reading the whole book and that clears my queue for the year! That doesn't mean that I won't be reading of course, just that all books read during vacation are completely of my choice with no guilt or 'should have's' about it.
4) Reasonable success by playing adventure ring two times out of four and got 8k at least one day this week. Simply not feeling it today, and with the basement cleaning I'm not sure it's needed either.
Bonus) Major success! I did a full writeup of my ROW goals for next year and printed it out. I already started writing all lover it with some updates and details that didn't get written down on the first draft. Absolutely the right thing to do! In fact I also thought of a fun visual way to track my progress during next ins next year that I'll be trying for a bit. Hopefully it's motivating!
1) Write first draft of short story. Transfer to computer. Print off. Review/edit. See about getting a beta reader.
2) Put out the request for items for this and the next project. Stretch goal to start a small project while I wait for items to come in. (I found four while cleaning the basement.)
3) Nothing. This is complete! (Isn't that a nice thing to say?)
4) Play adventure ring for 20 minutes 2/3 days.
Bonus) Keep thinking about goals and updating as ideas come up.
How about you, do you get distracted by cleaning or cooking when working on other goals? How do you remind yourself that there was a primary goal to work on?
Read 52 Books