I feel like my brain isn't functioning at even half capacity since getting back from vacation. Is this a result of jetlag? Recovery? Not sure, but I hope that I get jumpstarted before NaNo starts on Friday.
Overall this was a slow/medium checkin, and I think that's ok. I'm still getting in the groove and warming back up to doing a lot more, and that's exactly what I need to do before doing a deep dive into NaNo.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW:
1) I've been keeping up with the ML/regional related posts and responding where appropriate. I have not started to really interact with the forums or crosslinking them yet. This is mostly because I'm still getting used to the new site and getting everyone else used to working with the new site. I did start to get a lot more scene beats and more details in my NaNo outline. It's not to the individual scene level yet, and I need some more smaller obstacles for my characters to overcome. That being said, I have the overarching plot and I had already made my peace with this being a plantser year, and this continues to support that.
2) I started to make the scrapbook and got two pages in. I also spent waaaay too much time going through friends pictures to figure out which are going to make it into the scrapbook. This was kinda needed, though perhaps I could have been smarter about it by using my photos first and then going to search for photos when I was missing some. That's ok, now I have a full inventory of what's available which should make things faster when I get back into this.
3) Finished the first section of the book. Some of it really hit home and I'm sure this will make a difference in my life.
4) I've been trying to keep up with 7 miles of walking over the weekend, but it takes a lot of time to do this and I'm still sleeping a lot as I get recover from my vacation. Therefore I ended up with closer to my normal 4 miles. BUT I decided to get the new Adventure Ring for the switch and did two sessions on that. My shoulders actually hurt from that! I'm impressed with the amount of fitness it encourages and how fun it is. I'll definitely continue doing this every day.
I did not try a new recipe. I'm still enjoying a lot of my favorites now that I'm back home and there hasn't quite been space for that yet. I did look into that one farm that does home deliveries of milk, they offer a lot more than that! I signed up to get an evaluation and am currently waiting for an email from them.
1) Crosspost between the forums and FB group. Post in the event for the Kick-off Party. Post on the forums. Look into NaNoFaces. Update the description post to include an inbedded calendar. Post on the FB group to encourage everyone to take time to look at the website now and get used to it.
2) Make one scrapbook page a day, and try to keep the making of it to 20minutes or less because there is going to be writing to do soon.
3) Start to read 'What if?"
4) Play Adventure Ring every day. Research and print one new recipe to try. Research a farm for getting chicken/beef from. Maybe a meat CSA?
Read 52 Books