For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. The list of everyone participating in this round is here.
Hope everyone had great holidays and safe travels!
AFTER ACTION REVIEW
1) Success! Just managed to hit 25k which was the updated goal of mine for this. I want to put more time and effort into the outline before taking another crack at writing this novel, and I wasn't willing to put forth the effort that NaNo asks to get another rough draft that needs to mostly get tossed out. I want to get to keep getting to the next stage, which I got to last year, of getting a draft I'm willing to send out to the beta readers. I want to send my drafts to people without feeling like I'm wasting their time by not giving them my best. It's time to step up the game on my first drafts.
2) I got the photobook! There are a couple things that I learned about the new printer MixBookos, such as the text can be smaller and still readable, and to pay attention to edge of the page in relation to the pictures. Overall it turned out well and I'm happy to have it done/ready to show off.
3) Read at least three more chapters of the travel novel. This is the last one I need to finish to hit my 52 books for the year, so I'd like to finish it this week.
4) I totally didn't do the Adventure Ring while traveling, but I did do more walking than expected because a couple family members were playing Wizards Unite. So we went for a couple family walks and had a good time connecting that way.
1) Right now I don't want to get into a big project, but I do want to continue to work on furthering my writing career. After thinking about it for a bit I think the answer is to look at my short stories again. Goal one is to take one that's completed and send it out. Goal two is to choose one of the ones that need revisions, read it over, and make a plan for improving it.
2) Put together ~50 photos for Grandma's calendar. Decide if I'm using Shutterfly or Mixbooks for this project.
3) Read more of travel novel.
4) Adventure Ring every day. I'm sure the snow will impede my daily walking.
Bonus) Start to write down possible goals for next year. I've already been considering a couple different options but I need to re-imagine what I expect out of myself and my year, then see if the goals still fit. This is going to be a continuing goal for most of the month. I consider December an important reorienting month, and this year even more so.
12/1/2019 11:36:03 am
Looks like a successful week!
12/2/2019 05:41:39 am
Looks like you're making progress. Good luck setting goals for next year!
Leave a Reply.
100 Squats per Day
Read 52 Books