For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. The list of everyone participating in this round is here.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW:
1) Major success! All edits but one are in, and there's a known reason for that one being late. The cover is *finally* finished. I always underestimate just how long it takes to get the bookcover to look right. The insides of the anthology are started, but need some TLC before it's ready to be seen by the world. Soon!
2) Managed 8K a day during the week, but took a very slothful weekend where I didn't leave the house at all. It was great. I did do some exercise while I was inside though, so I did completed a different part of this goal. I also kept to the meal plan, while working through a couple old cans of food that wouldn't work with any of the recipes that we currently use. Overall a win!
3) I have a major list of Japanese restaurants, about 30, that look awesome. I want to add a couple from my Michelin Star list. Then I need to see which ones are in right areas and area available for the right days with our schedule next. Not as much progress as I originally anticipated since this simply took longer to put together than I expected. (And after that I was working on goal 1.) I'll continue to work on it this week as I can, and not worry about it taking too long. This is supposed to be a more fun goal, right?!
1) I completely forgot about this goal. Probably because I didn't make a to do list at all this weekend. Thus no progress, though again no worries, I got done the important stuff.
2) I read more of the physical book. I also finished the book I've been reading on my phone. It was an interesting setting, but oddly paced.
3) Stretch goal achieved! I finished reading diyMFA~ I don't think I've read more of the Japan travel book since finishing the food section, for fairly obvious reasons.
4) I decided that almost all of what was on the landing didn't need to be there. I already decided to get rid of a good fourth of it, and the rest went to the basement proper. Instead of being too preemptive with my decisions on what lives on the landing and labeling I'm going to see what I have to go down into the basement for and how often, and deem those things worth of a spot on the landing. (Sounds like a prestigious position!) In the end the goal I made last week wasn't well thought out and wasn't particularly relevant.
5) I didn't come up with events or character ideas much, but was thinking about the project as a whole while reading diyMFA. It gave me more to chew over, in directions that I wasn't planning on going to this week. Ah well, that's how stories go, right?
1) Finish the anthology draft 1 and send to authors for review.
2) Keep up with everything as best I can. It's going to be a packed first half of the week.
3) Honestly I'd like to make progress here, but I don't have the time until after Wednesday. So I'm going to preemptively give myself a pass. It's better to enjoy the activities that I will be doing instead of thinking about what I 'should' be doing.
1) Also going to give this a pass. I'll be focusing on this soon, but not now.
2) Read more of the physical book (probably during lunch), and listen to something in the car.
3) Grab the next self improvement book and read a chapter. Pass on reading the Japan travel book until after the restaurants are finalized.
4) Keep up with the house chores, refill spices, and put the rest away. Stretch goal to clean the front porch.
5) Mull over my NaNo story more.
Post 52 non-ROW Blogs
Read 52 Books