For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. I personally format my check-ins as an after action review, then the setting of intentions/minigoals for the next check-in.
Are any of your goals this round affected by the weather?
AFTER ACTION REVIEW
1) Schoolwork has been going. I've done one journal entry for each class and attended both classes that happened since this round started.
2) I'm completely done with the initial read through, much faster than I was expecting. (It's like I've learned to identify problems since the last major edit saga.) I've been putting anything that I notice needs to get fixed into a notebook, and I'll be reviewing and prioritizing these things before starting the writing on paper editing.
3) I'm on a streak of studying Japanese for 15 minutes every day since the round started. The goal is to keep this streak up for the entire round. It'll be tough, but worth it. The first day I took the time to translate a news article, the next was route memorization, the third was a different news article. I'm not getting far in the articles yet (about one sentence really), but I am getting a little faster even now.
1) There have been another handful of sales on eBay totaling $50. A solid start to the goal, and more stuff out of the house.
2) The biggest prep for the event so far was to clean out my car so I can pack it for the event. It's a small step, but will certainly make things easier.
3) Been reading a physical book called, "Die for You" by Lisa Unger. The progress is slow, but w worthwhile read.
4) Started and finished the first book in this goal; "The Art of Non-Conformity". It was lackluster at best and a waste of my time at worst. At least it was a quick read, so I didn't spend too much time on it. Overall I don't recommend it.
5) The goal is to get the house prepared for the family visit. The approach is a pincer move. Every day I've been taking care of at least five things the the area outside the house, and at least five things from in the basement.
Outside: The first two days I cleaned out all unneeded paperwork and garbage from the seating area of my car. Today I cleaned out the entire trunk. This is the first time that's been clean since September and it's great, so nice and spacious!
Basement: The first day I took to set up the area for sorting, took an initial glance at what was there, and took care of five items. The second day I went all in and went through ALL 200 pieces of clothing that were in the basement. I ended up getting rid of 75% of it easily. I love seeing such a huge change since starting a goal. Additionally about a third of what I'm getting rid of is worth a couple bucks on eBay, so that'll be tying nicely into small goal 1 as well. I'm loving the synergy!
1) Write another journal for each class. Write and submit something for creative writing.
2) Prioritize what needs to get changed in the book and start working on the three most important points.
3) Keep up the streak! 15 minutes a day every day or bust!
1) Put up April's 50 items. This will take a little more work since the clothes from the basement need to get washed first, but overall should be doable this weekend.
3) Autopilot. Maybe start an audiobook or kindle book. Right now I'm only in the middle of one book which is weird considering I usually have 6 going at once.
4) Start reading "Leadership and Self-Deception".
5) Every day 5 thing fling the garage and basement. Plus at least one outside project for the weekend, subject to change based on the weather. I'm leaning towards getting rid of last years attempt at a garden, before the grass starts to overgrow the bed again. (The other main possibility is weeding the patio.)
Read 50 Books