For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. The list of everyone participating in this round is here. I personally format my check-ins as an after action review, then the setting of intentions/minigoals for the next check-in. Please leave a comment, even if it's not related to the goals I don't mind, it's nice to know that someone sees this page!
After a very full week with a lot of activities and peopling I was ready to have a weekend at home to relax and recoup. I was thinking that I would focus more on getting some of these goals done, but I did the minimum and I'm ok with that. Sometimes the relaxing is more important.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW:
1) There was some pleasant surprising news related to my degree this weekend. Namely the fact that I graduated with honors and got an award for excellence in study within my field. These were lovely ways to finish off this goal, particularly since they weren't expected.
2) I did the small edits that made sense. A number of them will be easier to do on the computer with a search and find, so I didn't push those. I did write out the card for the additional edits that are needed in the second half.
3) This was a rousing success! Google Play suggested a new app called Slowly that's basically penpals without the stamps. I'm able to choose others who have the app in Japan and send them a message, it then takes up to 24 hours to send the mail to them, they get it and respond and it takes another 24 hours to get it back. It's a bit meta, but I love how low key it is. There's often pressure to respond to online messages right away, but this takes that off my shoulders. From this point forward the goal is going to be 15 minutes of kanji/vocab and a letter per day. Right now it takes me longer than 15 minutes to write a message, if it gets to less than that perhaps I'll start writing two a day.
1) Stretch goal achieved! All 30 items were posted.
2) Emails kept up with.
3) Read 10 success principles and ordered the physical copy of 'Ask More'.
4) Did not read any of the book, did end up watching 10 episodes of GoT instead of 4. It is certainly enjoyable, and it's been a very long time since I binged anything so that in itself is a pleasure.
5) 5 thing fling from the garage is a success. 5 thing fling from the basement is a success. Saturday it was ok weather, but I wasn't ready to take care of the trees. Sunday was too wet to do anything about them. I love the rain, but it does make it hard to tend to the yard.
1) Absolutely nothing. And it's wonderful.
2) Right now I have 25 edits that need to get done by the end of this round. If I do 1 a day, not including Mondays, then they'll be done by the 15th. That means I'd have less than a week to type everything into the computer before the end of the round and I don't want to rush that much, plus I'd ideally like an additional read through before sending it out for beta reads.
So I'm going to accelerate this a bit. The goal is to get this finished by the Sunday June 2nd checkin. The goal is two edits per day, not including Monday's or vacations. I've been in the mood to make major progress in one goal then put it to the side, so I'll be listing this as total number of edits expected per checkin, in case I want to do 4 hours of work in one night and get them all done. (My constant internal battle between stability and progress.)
In conclusion; finish four edits before the next checkin. No if's, and's, or but's.
3) 15 minutes of vocab studying a day and 1 letter in Japanese per day.
1) Find 10 more items to sell on eBay. Put change to take to the coin star into the car.
2) Keep up with emails.
3) Read 4 success principles.
4) Read 5% of the new book. Not sure I'll have time for GoT before the next checkin so I think I'll save it for the weekend.
5) 5 thing fling the basement every day.
I'm going to change my goals for the garage a bit. Right now there's much less stuff in it, but a lot of the stuff that's left needs to be disposed of in a particular manner. The new goal is to find and properly dispose of one type of item per week. This week is old light bulbs. The goal before next checkin is to research proper disposal and make a plan for said disposal. Then, if it's feasible implement over the weekend.
Lastly I have some overarching house upkeep/repairs that I'd like to get done. I don't want to be overwhelmed but I don't want them to be forgotten either. Thus the goal is one a week almost all of it depending on weather. Some of these were mentioned before but were not acted upon.
Paint front stairs
Clean all the windows on the first floor
Clean all the windows on the second floor
Replace the dryer vent tubing
Fix the mortar on the house
Plant the trees
Some other stuff that I'm not remembering at the moment
Post 52 non-ROW Blogs
Read 52 Books