For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. The list of everyone participating in this round is here. I personally format my check-ins as an after action review, then the setting of intentions/minigoals for the next check-in. Please leave a comment, even if it's not related to the goals I don't mind, it's nice to know that someone sees this page!
This is delayed and the goals a bit less done than I would have liked because I completely forgot to account for an event I had tickets for Wednesday night. Considering I was four hours short on 'get stuff done' time for this check in things were still reasonably done.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW
1) Wrote another journal for creative writing, but actually didn't get around to the journal for world civ. I'll check the syllabus for the policy on submitting late work, I don't think she'll mind and it would be better for me if I do it over the weekend. I did not write another two pages for creative writing yet, but they are simmering in my mind, so they'll be better when I get to them.
2) I looked over my notes of things that needed to get edited and figured out the best way to fix the problem; write a new scene. I wasn't going to leave it at that though, I looked over the rest of the listed issues and determined that this scene should be able to fix 5 bigger problems and 2 smaller ones at the same time, if I play my words right. I started to write the scene in question and am about half way through.
3) I did successfully study Japanese for 15 minutes every single day!!!
1) Posted another 5 items and did ship out some additional sales. I also sent out some offers to those watching items to see if that would send anything along.
2) I did not iron the sign or check the inventory for Fridays event. Mostly that should be pretty easy, but it is certainly a priority tonight.
3) Read some of the book and made my way through a chunk of the podcast too. It's been getting way better, and I'm starting to get some good ideas for low key horror stories, or at least the kind of elements that I can add to any story to increase the tension.
4) I started to read "Success Principles". There are about 60 principles, so I'm trying to read one a day. I do have the first two done, and skipped yesterday in lue of more important matters.
5) Overachieved by doing the five thing fling in the garage every day and doing quite a bit extra in the basement. This lead to another five boxes of stuff out of the basement and a lot more usable floor space! I think I'll need to talk to the SO soon about what we actually want to do with the basement once it's clean and organized. (Crafting table anyone?)
1) Do the late journal entry and hand in. Do the next creative writing entry and hand in. Write two pages for creative writing. (This might happen at writers group, after my normal Sunday checkin, and that's ok.)
2) Finish the scene that I've been writing. Start to think about the best way to fix the next big problem.
3) 15 minutes a day of studying, or bust!
1) Post another five items.
2) Today iron sign, check inventory, and pack the car for the event tomorrow. Go to event right after work and enjoy it.
4) Read one principle every day.
5) As usual the five thing fling in the basement and garage. I'd also like to finish either one or the other of the outside projects I started last week. (Destroying the attempt at a garden from last year and/or weeding the patio.)
Read 50 Books