For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. The list of everyone participating in this round is here. I personally format my check-ins as an after action review, then the setting of intentions/minigoals for the next check-in. Please leave a comment, even if it's not related to the goals I don't mind, it's nice to know that someone sees this page!
Overall a pretty successful check in. If my back wasn't in quite as much pain that would have been nice. Of course I actually sat down to watch some of my shows too. It's nice to actually have some time set aside for such, and having a go to show to watch on the weekend.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW
1) I finished the late journal entry and this week's journal entry for world civ. I also did the journal entry for creative writing AND did write the two new pages for creative writing before writers group. (Though I'm actually writing this check in at the write-in instead of beforehand.)
2) Success! I finished the fairly long scene that I added to fix a couple problems. The next problems will need two shorter scenes of their own, which will be used to solve about six problems. Slow and steady progress here, which is exactly what I'm looking for. Last time I did a major editing project I got overloaded, and I don't want that to happen again.
3) I'm one day behind in my 15 minutes of studying right now. I tried to do a double session over the weekend but I wasn't ready to concentrate for that long in a row.
1) Double! I posted another 10 items, double the original goal. I also have a bag of stuff from the basement that will be prime pickings for the next batch of stuff to get posted.
2) Went to the event, though I didn't end up enjoying it as much as I was hoping. Some of that was a very stressful day at work, and some was that the event wasn't as well attended as I was hoping. It's ok, it was good experience and we didn't lose too much money.
3) I'm continuing to read the physical book. It's long, so I've mostly been reading a chapter before bed. I did try to start another book over the weekend, but it was not at all what I signed up for. I've been carrying around this book for years with a certain impression of it, and now I realize that it's something completely different than that. It probably would have been a great book to read at 16-18, but not nearly as relatable at this point in my life. Ah well, another book off the bookcase.
4) I read another four principles, so I'm up to principle 8. None of them have been revolutionary thus far, though I do appreciate the fact that all of these principles are in one place/one book.
5) Double success! I've managed at least five things from the garage every day, though the choices are starting to get a bit more scarce. The basement has a lot left in it to go through, though I've been focusing on the boxes and that's been making such a huge improvement. It's much less stressful to go down there for any reason, though particularly when looking for something since I actually know where a lot of it is now.
I also finished BOTH projects from last weekend; weeding the patio and taking apart the attempt at the garden bed. The backyard is looking much better for it!
1) Journal entry for creative writing. Another page for creative writing. I should do some research for the big presentation for world civ, but I'm not sure I'll have the time. I'll consider it a stretch goal for the check in.
2) Finish writing the two smaller scenes. Assess the rest of the needed edits and consider the best next step, probably a couple major scene splits/overhauls near the middle.
3) 15 minutes every day. Stretch goal to catch up on the one study session I missed this check in.
1) Post another five items. Keep up on eBay.
2) Email to anther local library for scheduling.
3) Start to read "Bad Monkey" on a recommendation from my mom and a friend from writers group. I'm hoping it's as funny as they said it was.
4) Read one principle a day, though it's ok if I skip Monday.
5) 5 thing fling basement every day. 5 thing fling garage every day. Big goal, to buy and plant pear trees. They're on sale this week and I'd been planning on it anyways, so this is accelerating the process. (Also I have a suspicion that this will expand to include some other perennials when I get to the store. We'll see.)
Read 52 Books