For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. The list of everyone participating in this round is here. I personally format my check-ins as an after action review, then the setting of intentions/minigoals for the next check-in. Please leave a comment, even if it's not related to the goals I don't mind, it's nice to know that someone sees this page!
Maybe I'm just going to be late for every post that I make in April? And maybe that's ok. Progress is still being made and now that the month is coming to a close things are becoming a lot nicer really quickly.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW
1) Schoolwork. I did all of it. I put together my final presentation including recording the whole thing. Then I did the end of the class reflection paper. After that I worked on the stuff for my other class which involved a lot of editing of things that I already wrote throughout the year thus far.
I also put together a public display of reading which you can listen to on my website! Just go to "Literary Works" then "Free Stuff!" It's a two minute clip of the first scene from the latest novel I've been working on. While I'm not sure exactly what I want to do with the rest of the novel that is probably one of my favorite first scenes I've written thus far in my career.
After that I wrote the reflection paper for that class and handed it all in! The classwork itself is done, the only thing left is to attend two classes and one more journal entry. (Which is simply a did you do it yes/no thing so I'm not counting it as remaining work.)
I'm so excited to put a close to this chapter of my life! It was certainly worth it, but by the end in particular it's been feeling like a distraction from the parts of my life that need focus. Having that off my plate is more relieving than I would have expected.
2) I'm not doing the rest of my after action review because honestly nothing else got done. I gave myself a pass to do the schoolwork, the one big action item for the weekend (dropping some broken furniture off at the spring clean up event) did get done, and otherwise I watched some youtube as a break. Completely worth it to get the big goal 1 done, because I could have stretched it out to include this week, but I really didn't want to.
(Looking back at this I did actually breakdown the leftover cardboard boxes and hung up the dry erase boards that I mentioned as house tending options in the last checkin.)
I'm using this week as a transition week, for finishing out goals that have been lingering or don't quite fit into the routine. There are a couple class related things to finish, plus I have a big focus on getting the first floor of the house ready have guests over this weekend. After that I have a planned rest day (when was the last time I said that?!). The week after I'll be establishing the new routine, just in time for the nice weather!
1) Attend two classes. Turn in one journal for creative writing.
2) Check in with Camp NaNo and update it before it finishes. Take some time to relook at what I already have done editing wise and review what the next steps are. I believe I was in the middle of splitting a big scene, so I should continue that a bit. (Limiting the time though to ~20minutes a day to ease back into the editing, starting Tuesday.)
3) For this week I'll be continuing to study Japanese for 15minutes a day. Next week I'll be increasing it to 30minutes a day.
1) A couple checkins ago I talked about some items that I had been meaning to post on eBay, but they need some research so I've been putting them off and they have now become frog items. I would like to get those posted before the end of the month. Another thing that will be really nice to get off the plate before the new normal.
To properly figure out my progress and next steps for this goal I need to check over my monthly financials before the next checkin so that I can give an exact number on how much more I need to save/make to hit this goal. From that number I'll be able to see the next step forward on this path (Possibilities include; discounts for the items I already have on eBay so that they sell. Starting up the etsy store I talked about at the start of the year. Making harder choices about additional things in the house that we can sell. Turning in change to the change machine.)
2) Another frog item here; fill out that last registration that I meant to do two weeks ago and send that in. Also followup with the third library.
3) I'm ready to read a new book, so I'll be starting a fun read this week. I'm not sure what yet, nothing on my bookcase was standing out, so perhaps an eBook.
4) Continue to read one success principle a day.
5) While I've been focusing on the basement and garage the guests won't be seeing those this weekend. Thus they're going to be given a break and I'll be doing these things instead. I was also going to try to paint outside but the April showers have been constant, so I think I'll just accept the idea that now isn't the right time and focus on something that I can control.
Not all of these things need to be done by the next checkin. But I would like six of them to be so that I don't get overloaded on the later half of the week. I did put these in priority order, so more from the top would be even better.
- Clean the grill, make sure it has gas, do a test run cooking chicken
- Donate old luggage and other medium sized items to a shelter
- Put traveling stuff into car
- Clean up trash that's blown into our yard
- Put something in to make the first floor smell less like the pets
- Deep clean first floor bathroom
- Wash windows
- Vacuum (best for Friday)
- Clean up the front tree circle area
- If possible mow the front of the house
- Wash kitchen floor (best for Friday, particularly since it's going to be a muddy week)
- A quick weeding of the patio
- Brush animals outside so that there's less fur in the house (both checkins because Rev is blowing his coat)
100 Squats per Day
Read 52 Books