For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. The list of everyone participating in this round is here. I personally format my check-ins as an after action review, then the setting of intentions/minigoals for the next check-in. Please leave a comment, even if it's not related to the goals I don't mind, it's nice to know that someone sees this page!
Ok, it's May which means it's time for me to actually post these checkins on time again! I'm still in the middle of my transition week. This is the time to go from schoolwork to spring cleaning the house so that I can take the summer to double down to focus on editing and learning Japanese. I'm also finishing out some lingering goals and other activities that have been on my mind and distracting me from what's important.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW:
1) Success! Attended two classes and turned in the final journal for creative writing.
2) Checked in with Camp NaNo before it finished and updated it. Did not hit my goal for Camp, but that's ok. I expected the process to take the whole round and it will. I did not end up looking at the editing on Tuesday but did get to it today. Which is a fine way to get into the swing of things.
3) Studied Japanese for 15 minutes everyday between checkins!
1) I finally posted those final frog eBay items. I also reviewed my finances for April. I ended up making ~125$ on eBay but also spent ~100$ that I didn't have to. (They were worth it, food out with friends etc.) Therefore the goal of saving 1000$ this round is not going nearly as well as the last one. Still, I'm ready to take the next steps now and get back at it.
2) So I looked into it and realized that I was a couple days late for the registration. I sent an email to see if it was worth sending in the registration late, but haven't heard a response yet. I did followup with the library, they responded that they were interested but weren't ready to discuss it yet.
3) Started the new book today; "The Frame-up". We'll see how it goes.
4) Did read one success principle per day.
5) The goal was to do 6 things, and I ended up getting 7 done!
- Did clean the grill, it does have gas, and did a test run.
- Half done by putting the luggage into the car. Now I just need to drive it to the donation place.
- Half done by putting in an Amazon order for some frabreeze for the first floor. Will be installed once it arrives.
- Put all traveling stuff into the car.
- Cleaned up the trash that was in the yard.
- Cleaned up the front tree circle area.
- Brushed my puppers outside.
- Deep cleaned first floor bathroom
Sunday is an official day off, so even my 'every day' goals don't need to be done that day~
2) Continue to spend 20 minutes a day splitting scenes and figuring out the next step.
3) Study Japanese for 15 minutes every day.
1) My monthly expenses are about where I want them to be. Thus I won't be doing cost avoidance as much as obtaining more income through small actions. The following list are what I'd like to get done before the next checkin. After that I'll see about discounting items already on my eBay account or digging deeper in the house to find more to sell. I have about 100 items right now that average 10$ so if I actually sell everything, even at half price, that would be great progress for this goal.
Lower eBay prices for the 20 items that have the fewest viewers/watchers
Turn coins into real cash
Cash in iBotta
Cash in Credit Card rewards
Cash in old account
I did consider doing etsy, but I concluded that it wouldn't be good for me at this time. Posting things on eBay has gotten a reasonable amount of income for a set amount of invested time WHILE getting stuff out of my house. Whereas etsy would involve me spending more time to make things and then time to post then and they wouldn't give me that much space since it would be jewelry. I would like to work with etsy eventually, but right now it doesn't feel like the right fit.
2) Respond to emails as needed.
3) Continue reading and enjoying new book.
4) Continue to read one success principle a day.
5) Finish cleaning the first floor/outdoors before guests visit on Saturday. This includes (but will probably have even more) :
- Install the fabreeze thing
- Wash windows
- Mow front lawn
- Weed patio
- Clean kitchen
- Empty dishwasher
- Load/run dishwasher
- Vacuum (including stairs and front porch)
- Wash kitchen floor
- Brush doggo outside again
- Grocery shopping
- Food prep
- Finish donating luggage
- Anything else that's needed
100 Squats per Day
Read 52 Books