For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. The list of everyone participating in this round is here. This busy half a week is almost to a close and I'll be able to concentrate on my goals in earnest again.
It's been busy and it's about to get busier. As such I'm going to be proactive about giving myself the time I need to do my goals and start only doing Wednesday checkins for the rest of this round. I might do comment updates on FB for the rest, we'll see how things flow.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW:
1) Success! We put together a major push on the marketing front. We have a dozen preorders which is exciting with the release still two weeks away. We have some more marketing ideas coming up that will hopefully make this number grow. If we could top 100 preorders I would be chuffed indeed.
2) Success here! I've been putting an extra effort into getting my steps in again. The meal plan has been good, though a little offkilter from so much happening on my part plus veggies from the farmers market that weren't planned for. No worries, just gotta be flexible. I did not exercise, eventually I'll get to it again.
3) Huge leap here. I found a Google Map that had all Mitchelin star restaurants listed on it. I overlayed it with the maps we had already made for our trip and was about to pick out the five that were particularly close to us. I also sent the map to the friend in charge of scheduling and she'll be adding on places that are easy to get to from where we are. With this resource at our fingertips I think I'm set on this.
On a different note, since this is the review of how the system is working as much as it's a review of how the goal went, this goal is going to be redefined. With how much is happening between now and then end of the round I need a goal that is focused on being ready for the next big activity and this is going to be it. It's now 'the travel' goal.
In that regard, if I had updated over the weekend i would have put in a goal about making an itinerary for this upcoming weekend when I'll be in Boston. While I didn't write it down officially I did do it and it's already lowering my stress, which will absolutely allow me to enjoy the trip more as a whole.
1) This was passed and shall continue to be as such for the rest of the round.
2) I did try out the new podcast app and don't love it. Might just give it a pass and see if I can't put together my previous app to better suit my needs. I did not read more of the physical book. It's not something I'm really drawn into, even though I do want to read it.
3) I did not finish 'Nine Lies' yet nor start the next book. I've been too busy, including skipping lunch at work. Not a habit I plan to get into, but when it's needed it's needed. I'll try again this round, as long as it's not forgotten it's ok. I've been focusing on the big goals, which is absolutely what I should be doing.
4) First off the final task I have for this goal for this year is actually a big goal, so I'll be moving this to the upper section for the next check in. That goal is to get a new hot water heater in the house. The current one is leaking, and getting worse. I've gotten some leads so far, but I've gotta make some major steps soon if I want this to get done in-between my trips.
5) Done! While on the way to and from DnD I talked to the SO about this and figured out some more things about the world etc. Still not as character focused as I intended it to be, but I'm hoping that will evolve naturally out of conflict with the world and plot.
1) Interact with marketing daily when I'm home. Do what I can to support the others. Keep up with email. In the home stretch now!
2) 8k a day, even when traveling. Exercise once. Enjoy traveling, but try not to go overboard. I don't have to finish my meal!
3) Prepare for library event that I'm hosting tomorrow. Check over the schedule for the event that's happening next weekend and prepack car for both as possible.
4) Call someone to get the hot water tank installed. At least get an estimate appointment scheduled.
2) You know what, as I review everything for the round this goal is complete. I'm going to call that good enough for now.
3) Finish 'Nine Lies' and return to coworker. After that this goal is complete as well. Usually I take extra time to get started on the next goal, but I could use the time for just about anything else at the moment.
4) Moved to big goal.
5) I almost want to call this complete as well, but I know it's not. If I continue to talk about it while going to DnD that would be splendid.
100 Squats per Day
Read 52 Books