For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. The list of everyone participating in this round is here.
I just got back from a vacation with a wonderful messy adopted family of authors and I absolutely loved it. I'm feeling pumped and full of ideas. There's also some new ideas and new truths to the goals I'm working through that I'll be going through below. Sometimes surrounding yourself is something completely new helps gain a new and better focus on the things right in front of you.
1) On Monday I want to respond to all emails that are in the inbox. Tuesday I want to go through and confirm all edits. Wednesday maintenance on anything new incoming.
2) Walking - 8K a day.
Food - we have two meals left from last week due to my vacation. So Monday and Tuesday we'll cook and eat those. Ideally before Wednesday, at worst on Wednesday, I'll update the meal plan and put in the order for this week. This will include a sub step of getting a calorie count for all meals on the list. Changes will include cutting out beer and one high calorie meal from last plan. Then including one healthier new recipe, I suspect it'll be focused around beans. (Protein and fiber at least.)
Weights - Here's the truth; I don't give a shit about exercise. Not much of a surprise, most people don't, yet I've done Crossfit for almost two years, badminton for a year at 7AM, aikido for a year, etc. Exercise doesn't scare me and I don't avoid it. But each of those activities, which I dedicated myself to for long lengths of time, involved me working with other people towards things that make me feel strong in some way. In reality I should have known, being a Slytherin, that working out for the sake of my health wasn't going to work out as well as working out to feel stronger. Ah, but, if that's the case then I can work to help my brain along with some visual management.
My new plan is to put together a list of doable anywhere exercises by Wednesday. Starting Wednesday I'll do as many of those exercises I can until I feel the burn, then I'll do one more and write down the number I get. I'll do this every day and chart my progress. If there's a good app for charting such I'll use that, if not I'll update the chart myself once a week. Being able to visually see that I'm getting stronger should help me want to continue to exercise every day, and if I can do it anywhere then there's no excuse.
3) 15/min Japanese per day, studied during lunch. 1 letter. 1 anime without subtitles.
1) Format one calendar page.
2) Read a lot (ideally half) of the physical book I started last week. This is to clear my currently reading shelf to make room for small goal 4's results.
3) Read another chapter of diyMFA. Read chapter of traveling Japan book.
4) I've got a mini project here. I came home from vacation with three bags of books. Some were hand chosen, some were freebie's. What I want to do is go through my entire at home TBR shelf and make sure that I really want to read them all. Then go through all of the books I got and make sure that I want to read them before they go on the freshed up TBR shelf. Both of these updates need to be recorded in my shelves on Goodreads. Then I'm going to put together my physical book reading list for the rest of the year according to the diyMFA guidelines, and then put the books in that order, so that I can always quickly grab the next one when it's time.
5) Go through my notes/ideas from vacation. Choose the ones I'd like to focus on. Take at least the short story and write an outline. Also take the momentum from the convention and send out any short stories that I currently have in house out into the world again. (Something I'd been avoiding because it would just take up too many spoons.)
100 Squats per Day
Read 52 Books