For those tuning into this round my master goals list is here. The list of everyone participating in this round is here.
AFTER ACTION REVIEW:
1) Monday was successful, with me responding to all the emails that were in the inbox. Tuesday I ended up falling sleep early instead of going through the edits. I did not plan for enough recovery time after the vacation. Thus the edits got moved to Wednesday and Thursday.
2) Walked 6k on Monday, 10k on Tuesday, and 8k on Wednesday. Overall an average of 8k, which is the goal, so that's a win!
Food wise; didn't quite keep to the meal plan for Mon/Tue but did continue to eat things that are in the house. This week ground beef is on sale, so I made a fourth meal plan revolving around that including a new recipe from online. That means that the meal plan wasn't updated, since this one is brand new. I did not put on the beer though, to save some calories. I also did do the calorie counts for these meals, and realized that the new recipe I found was actually the worst one yet. So that got cut preemptively and I'm going to find a new recipe in my books at home before putting in my grocery list for tomorrow.
Weights: I put together two lists of exercises that should compliment each other well. I was going to start them today but my shoulder has been getting worse and worse since getting back from vacation. Not sure if it's all the driving or playing HP or what, but I certainly don't want to aggravate it more than needed.
3) Studied Japanese for at least a bit every single day. Did send the letter. Did not watch the anime, simply not enough time.
1) No progress here, but should have more time this weekend.
2) Did not read much of the book at all. I really overestimated what I could get done before the next checkin.
3) Successfully read more of diyMFA and the traveling Japan book.
4) Miniproject complete! Took ~30 books out of the TBR pile then added the over 50 I got while on vacation. Overall I'm more excited to read what I have know, since I know that it's all something that I've actively chosen to read and chosen when to read it.
5) Major success here! I went through my notes/ideas from vacation and highlighted a dozen to follow up on. I took the short story that's been simmering for a week and wrote an outline during lunch and then wrote the whole thing out by the end of the day! I'm going to let it sit for a while before editing and sending it out, but it's exciting to just sit down and write something to completion. I started to do some research on places to send my short stories, but my normal resource wasn't working so this wasn't nearly as efficient as usual.
1) Keep up with line edits. Contact line editor about last four stories. Stretch goal to start formatting the book, particularly for any of the stories that are already in, plus the poetry.
2) 8K a day. Pickup groceries and keep to meal plan. Check on calories and nutrition for all meals on next weeks meal plan, drop the worst meal, and find a new healthier meal from cookbooks. If my shoulder is feeling better then exercise, if not sleep more.
3) 15/min a day. Watch two anime without subtitles. Respond to 1 letter in Japanese.
1) Update two pages of the family calendar. Stretch goal of one additional page.
2) Major progress on reading physical book. See about getting audio book on my phone.
3) Read more of diyMFA. Read more of traveling Japan book.
4) Big goal here, in order to take advantage of the weather; take down some of the major ivy invasion and pack it into the last two yard bags. Stretch goal of buying additional yard bags.
5) I officially have an idea for NaNo. Right now it still needs to percolate. The goal will be to discuss it with writers group this weekend. Maybe do a character sketch or two, and real stretch goal of writing a one sentence overarching summary.
Read 52 Books